Wednesday, 18 April 2012

End of Winter

I always think winter is on its way out when I see the first Housemartin and I did just that yesterday.Its actually our neighbours,they have 2 nests right next to each other on a window!!! Ours are on the edge of the house so I am waiting to see there safe return.
When hubby went to work this morning he said you wont be doing much in the garden today-thankgoodness,I had so much to do in the greenhouse.
I actually managed to transplant my Cosmos 'pink dazzler' and 'psyche mixed' along with the Nicotiana 'lime green'.Then as the weather was still not improving I went on to sow my Squash and Courgette(saved seed from last year),
Helichrysum,Silene,Nemesia,Verbena bonariensis,Borlotti and Dwarf beans,Mangetout,Ixia,Allium and Chasmanthe bulbs
I find this time of year pretty much like a production line,as soon as there is a space anywhere it soon gets filled.
The one downside is the taking in and out of the seedlings as I  dare not leave them outside overnight just yet.I still had time to admire these as I walked past the front when walking the dog.The Peony x mascula sub tritanata is set off lovely with the Artemesia ludoviana 'Silver Queen' and the Ajuga reptans 'Catlins Giant'
All in all a good day considering !!!!

7 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are busy in the garden and greenhouse... I've been busy with my sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi deb guess who your new member is ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Just trying to make sure that first try was not a fluke.
    need to know I can repeat. loved your visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed our weekend, thanks for making the long journey'
    Love reading about your garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Polly,we had a lovely weekend too,Have been busy doing the day job so not had chance to look at blog!!Welcome-even though I knew you were always there in the background x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Have missed reading about your garden. still not the weather for it,xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure that majority of people will love this flowers information and they will consider it.
    online singapore florist
    florist

    ReplyDelete